There’s still time to join the Walking Guide to Fremont!
Submit by November 15th to join the currently listed 60+ businesses
All listings include your business name, address, phone number, website, plus a 200 character description and coordinates pinpointing your location on the convenient walking map. The Walking Guide is a reference map geared towards Fremont visitors. The 50,000 printed maps are distributed via the Hysterical Markers throughout Fremont, in area businesses, as mailers to visitors who contact the Chamber, through the Seattle Visitor Bureau and in downtown hotels.
You’re invited to our November Chamber program: Year-end review and forecast for 2020!
- Will there be a recession next year?
- How should you take care of your investments?
- How will national and local elections impact your business?
- How will the economy and an election year impact your personal finances?
- How will global economic forces impact business and consumer purchasing of goods and services nationally and in Fremont?
- What will it mean to you, your business and Fremont with up to seven new City Council members?
- Economic Forecast: Dr. Doug Downing, Professor Emeritus of Economics, Seattle Pacific University
- Personal Finance Forecast: Marko Tubic, Financial Advisor, Edward Jones, Past Fremont Chamber President
- Political Forecast: Jordan Royer, Vice President, Government Affairs, Pacific Merchant Shipping Association
Thank you to our event sponsor, Adobe!
November is National Novel Writing Month
Looking for a good book? | Looking to write a book?
Book Larder opened on October 12, 2011, offering a carefully selected collection of new and imported cookbooks to lovers of food and cooking in Seattle and beyond. We are also a spot to gather for author events, cooking classes, demonstrations and other food related discussions, both formal and informal. When you visit, we hope you’ll linger over titles that catch your fancy, and make yourself at home around our big kitchen counter.
The current Fremont Branch was renovated and reopened April 16, 2005. The Library features a wheelchair ramp to the lower-level meeting room. The historic branch has since been listed on the National Register of Historic Places and named a landmark building by Seattle’s Landmarks Preservation Board.
It’s Election Day, VOTE!
General Election: Drop boxes close promptly at 8PM.
It’s time to get ready for Chapter 3 of the #SeattleSqueeze, the period through 2024 where private and public construction projects put pressure on our transportation system, changing how we all get around. There are several transformative transportation adjustments happening this fall and winter. Be informed and prepared for:
- Connect 2020: Weekend LINK closures in downtown Seattle on October 26-27 and November 9-10 to prepare for a 10-week period of major light rail service impacts beginning in January 2020.
- The start of tolling in the SR 99 tunnel on November 9.
- Read about other traffic and construction impacts, including 520 closures; ongoing impacts related to Alaskan Way Viaduct demolition ; the start of construction of the new Alaskan Way on the Waterfront, and the Fairview Avenue Bridge closure, which started September 23 and will last for up to 18 months while crews rebuild the aging, wooden structure on seattle.gov/traffic.
Here’s what you can do:
- Plan Ahead: Give yourself extra time to reach your destination and look for ways that you can shift the hours you commute or shift the modes of transportation you use. The changes you make have an impact on our whole transportation system!
- Spread the Word: Please distribute the information in this email with your employees, constituents, community members, or other key stakeholders.
- Request a Briefing: Our staff may be able to come speak with you and your key stakeholder groups to provide the latest information on the Seattle Squeeze, answer questions, and provide resources. Please provide the date, time, and location of the event when requesting a briefing!
- Learn More: Please visit the webpages listed above or seattle.gov/traffic for more information and reach out to us with further questions or comments.
Join Our State of Mind!
Become part of a fun business network of almost 250 members strengthening the business climate and improving the quality of life in the Fremont community!
Check out the member benefits here.
Spotlight on a Milky Way Member: Thank you, Blue Rooster Building!
Thank You Center of the Universe Sponsors!
Thank you U-Park for being a Sustaining Member!