- This event has passed.
Solid Ground’s 20th Annual Building Community Luncheon!
March 24, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Building Community Luncheon
- Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Time: 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Location: Sheraton Grand Seattle – 1400 6th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101 (view map »)
- Price: FREE; $200 suggested donation at the event*
You’re a key ingredient in our Recipe for Change! Join us to raise critical funds for Solid Ground’s work to solve poverty at our 20th annual Building Community Luncheon presented by Whole Foods Market.
At this inspirational event, you’ll enjoy dishes prepared from recipes created by keynote speaker Chef Edouardo Jordan – two-time James Beard Award-winning chef and owner of Salare, JuneBaby, and Lucinda Grain Bar! Chef Jordan will share his experiences working with youth at our Sand Point Housing campus, connecting food and individual ingredients to various cultural traditions – and highlighting how this can build communities and resilience.
- RESERVE YOUR SPOT! You DON’T want to miss out!
- HOST a FULL (10) or HALF (5) TABLE! Invite your friends to join you in donating during the event.
- SPONSOR the EVENT! Contact Gary Rubin at [email protected] or 206.694.6724 for sponsorship levels and other info. ~JUMP to 2020 Sponsors~
- DONATE to RECIPE for CHANGE! Can’t make the event but want to support Solid Ground’s Recipe for Change? Make a gift today!
More about our keynote speaker…
Chef Jordan received 2018 James Beard Awards for Best Chef NW and Best New Restaurant for JuneBaby. He writes, “Southern food reflects hard times and resourcefulness and is nothing short of beautiful.” His JuneBaby restaurant has a historical focus on Southern Cuisine and the African Diaspora. In Solid Ground’s recent practice of engaging our keynote speakers in meaningful ways with our communities, Chef Jordan will work with youth at our Sand Point Housing campus in January to connect food and individual ingredients to various cultural traditions. For a taste of Chef Jordan’s “food with roots” approach to cultural healing via traditional foods, visit the JuneBaby website Encyclopedia page.
*This event is free to attend, but we ask you to consider a meaningful donation to support our work. Solid Ground values gifts large and small – any donation will directly support Solid Ground’s work to meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change.