- This event has passed.
Become a Small Business Owner through Franchising
May 1, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Friday, May 1, 2020 from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Franchising is a great way to become what you always wanted to be: a Small Business Owner. But before you take that big step, it’s important to learn from those who have lived and breathed franchising for many years. This workshop gives you the unique opportunity to hear from an expert on franchising and take away key learnings you’ll need as you pursue small business ownership through franchising.
On-line via Zoom Video Conferencing
Join Us !
This Franchise workshop is designed both for individuals at the early stage of considering franchising as a career option and those actively considering a franchise but not yet signed the agreement.
- Understand what is and is not a franchise
- Define a positive relationship with the franchisor
- Laws/Legal requirements that apply to franchising in Washington State
- Important criteria in choosing a franchise, what questions to ask and how to ask them
- Research hints and tools
- A view into a method to segment franchises in six different categories
- A discussion on financing, incorporation and preparation relating to a franchise award
- Navigating the myriad of franchise opportunities available.
- Doing your due diligence.
- Narrowing down your search.
- What to consider and what matters to you.
- Answers to your specific questions
This is an online meeting via ZOOM online conferencing software. There will be no classroom presentation. ZOOM requires an internet connection and can run on PCs, Macs and on both Apple and Android tablets and cellphones. ZOOM will display the presentation and also broadcast the audio though your computer or device. If your computer does not have sound, an optional telephone number will be provided to call in when you log into ZOOM.
This workshop is presented by Jeff Levy. Jeff is a speaker and coach to individuals interested in exploring self-employment with an emphasis in franchising. His experience includes participation in new technology companies, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, raising investment capital. You can learn more about Jeff at his LinkedIn profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrylevy/