Looking to Kickoff Your Health New Year's Resolutions? Looking to…
It’s a Brand New Year Filled With Possibility!
While we look forward to 2021 in the Center of the Universe—we’d like to thank the new members who joined us in 2020!
The Fremont Chamber strengthens the business climate and improves the quality of life in the Fremont community.
Continued work on our mission wouldn’t be possible without the support of our members!
Spotlight on the Newest Milky Way Premier Members!
Check out the Center of the Universe Small Business Relief Fund Impact Statistics!
- As part of our Center of the Universe Relief Fund, The Fremont Chamber of Commerce awarded $1,500 small business grants to 45 Fremont businesses through the Fremont neighborhood to assist with the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thanks to the generous contributions of the Center of the Universe Relief Fund donors, we were able to raise more than $65,040 for small business grants to distribute in our community.
- Proliferating the vibrant history of small businesses in our community is vital to maintaining the quirky culture of Fremont. The 45 businesses who were awarded small business grants have been in business in Fremont a cumulative 399 years!
- Part of our work to strengthen the business climate of the Fremont community is giving back to the neighborhood and contributing to social good. As such, we were happy to award six local nonprofits with $1,500 small business grants.
- The Center of the Universe is home to a multitude of industries and businesses owned & operated by diverse groups of individuals. Our data revealed that 48% of awarded businesses are women-owned, 16% are minority-owned and 4% LGBTQ-owned.
SBA Extends Application Deadline for COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
The Small Business Administration announced that the deadline to apply for a COVID-19 pandemic Economic Injury Disaster Loan has been extended to December 31, 2021.
To date, SBA has approved $197 billion in low-interest loans, which provide U.S. small businesses, non-profits, and agricultural businesses working capital funds. Economic Injury Disaster Loan applications will continue to be accepted through December 2021, pending the availability of funds.
Loans are offered at affordable terms, including a 3.75% interest rate for small businesses and 2.75% for non-profit organizations, a 30-year maturity, and an automatic deferment of one year before monthly payments begin. All eligible small businesses and nonprofits are encouraged to apply.
The Fremont Arts Council Needs Your Feedback
In response to a growing need to restructure and determine the future of the Fremont Arts Council, they’re reaching out to the community to point them forward!
This organization has been a scrappy, sequined, colorful, whimsical, disorganized and creative force for 3 decades! During that time, leadership has come and gone, and our neighborhood has seen huge changes and gentrification. Artists don’t necessarily live in Fremont anymore! And, our world is not the same as it was with the birth of the FAC. The largest racial justice movement in the history of the United States is happening. The world is shut down due to a pandemic. Where does that leave us?
That’s where you come in. We want to keep making the arts public – but we are hoping to move towards a more relevant, community-responsive, and flexible model that supports and engages artists (and we believe everyone is an artist!). In order to move forward, we need to reconnect to the Seattle arts community at large. Give us some honest feedback here, because that will determine how and if we move forward. Tell us everything: the good, the bad and the troll-like. Take the survey here!
Illuminate Your Holidays With Woodland Park Zoo’s WildLanterns
Presented by Sound Credit Union
Open Until January 17, 2021 | 4:00 – 8:30 p.m. | Closed Mondays
An immersive experience featuring large scale animal and nature scape lanterns representing wild places from around the globe! Explore the zoo like never before with a brand-new lantern festival unlike any in the Northwest! WildLanterns presented by Sound Credit Union offers a larger-than-life, immersive experience that will “wow” anyone, no matter their age!
Is Your Business on Saving Local King County?
Any consumer facing business in King County can participate in the Saving Local KC campaign for FREE. A business just needs to provide a tangible deal that someone can purchase online or over the phone. You don’t need to create a special deal just for SavingLocalKC.com, it can simply be an existing deal. Examples of deals could be providing a discount code someone can use at checkout or a gift card. Being listed on Saving Local is completely free. Check out the current offers! Add your business here.
Thank you to our Premier Members!
Center of the Universe Members
Spotlight on a Milky Way Member: Thank you, Pelington Properties!
Join Our State of Mind!
Become part of a fun business network of almost 250 members strengthening the business climate and improving the quality of life in the Fremont community!